Saturday, August 1, 2015

My First Simple Stories Album

I know you all know how much I love Simple Stories. I have loved everything about them.  All of their products from binders to paper, and bradz to enamel dots.  The very first Sn@p music video I ever saw, I fell in love with the Sn@p System.  In the commercial the cute girl threw together a quick album in a snap. (Hence the name Sn@p). I was super impressed that something so simple could come together so quickly, but I had actually never made an album. 

A week ago that all changed. My daughter is away from our family for the next 18 months and wanted a photo album with pictures of family and friends. She wanted something she could have with her when she is missing us. 

I checked out the Simple Stories Sn@p 4x6 album sold by Allscrapbooksteals.com. I bought the Teal 4x6 Album and a variety package of sheet protectors, and a package of 4x6 sheet protectors.  Next, I picked out some papers and embellishments from the "So Fancy" collection.  I thought that I would only use the 4x6 sheet protectors, but I was so wrong. I used everyone of those variety package sheet protectors and the variety ones that came in the album. They really add character to your project. 

Then, I sat down on Monday Night to start putting this album together. I really expected to spend about 5 or 6 hours on it. Two hours later, I had a completed album that was absolutely darling. It turned out way better than I ever pictured it in my head. It held so many pictures. Not only that, it was so much FUN and SUPER EASY. I loved my album so much that I thought I would share it with all of you. 

In this album, I not only included pictures of the family, but inspirational quotes, and a letter from me written just to my sweet daughter Ashley. I hope that it brings her comfort and that she feels all the love that was put into making it for her. It was truly a labor of love.  Happy Crafting!!! Jacqueline

Loved the enamel dots and the gold foil on the "So Fancy" Papers

4x4 cards came in super handy. I also liked the white on the teal blue polka dots. 

The gold photo stickers were perfect to add a cute title to the pictures.

I used the Photo Crops 4064. I would place the photo crop on the picture where I wanted to cut, then just cut around. It came out perfect everytime. 

What can I say PHOTO CROPS are AMAZING!!!

I wanted to have inspirational quotes throughout the album.

Good times. :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment