Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Silhouette 3D Flowers

Last year, I had a really good friend tell me that I needed to buy a Silhouette because I would love all the things that can be created with a Silhouette. I had never really looked into it. Of course, I love Scrapbooking and I love die-cuts, but to buy a machine that just does die-cuts is that the wisest use of my craft dollar?

In April of 2013 I had the opportunity to buy a Silhouette at a great price from Allscrapbooksteals.com. My friend told me I would love it. To be honest it sat in the box for 6 months. I was excited to use it, but I did not have the time to figure it out and tinker around with it. In October, I went to a Pinterest show in Utah. As I was walking around the scrapbooking booths. I did a couple of make and takes. These make and takes had die-cuts that you make into 3 dimensional shapes such as flowers, pillow boxes and bows.

I came home from the show and unloaded my Silhouette. It took 5 minutes to figure out. (I don't know why I was so worried...thinking it would take longer.) I started looking through the items already downloaded in the program and then I used the $10.00 download card and downloaded more. I was hooked. I stared cutting out everything. I loved it. The cool thing is that you can pick exactly what you want for .99 cents and the shape is in your library forever. They also offer a free shape every week. I have used my Silhouette to make vinyl signs, gift card holders, cards, pillow boxes (in every shape), Christmas ornaments, flowers, banners, and garland. It is so fun to use.

I recently made these flowers from a 3D flower bought on the Silhouette. They were so easy. I have a confession to make. I love glitter glue. I thought I would try a little on the petals and it really made them pop. This was a really simple idea, I used 10 decorative straws, gold glitter glue, 5 sheets of 12x12 cardstock (2 per page), an empty chili can with the label washed off, jewel centers and some tulle ribbon. They turned out great. Happy Crafting!!! Jacqueline :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment